July 14, 2022
The Faith Community Advisory Group is very disturbed to learn about the incidents impacting St. Jane de Chantal Catholic Parish, North Bethesda United Methodist Church, and Wildwood Baptist Church over the weekend. We strongly condemn these manifestations of intolerance and hate.
In this difficult time, we stand firmly with the community members impacted and encourage those who reside in Montgomery County, MD to continue to work toward building a more inclusive community that welcomes and respects people no matter their religion, race, color, creed, national origin, sex, gender identity or disability. Differences in opinions and viewpoints are not a reason for anyone to take hateful actions, and prove our need for mutual respect and understanding in Montgomery County.
Not only does the faith community condemn these horrific incidents, but the below signatures indicate houses of worship and community organizations prepared to offer support however they are able.
We also want to take this time to share the following resources available to the victims of potential hate crimes in Montgomery County:
- Montgomery County Committee Against Hate/Violence (CAHV) administers the Partnership Fund for Victims of Hate/Violence. Individuals and institutions may be eligible under county law for reimbursement of property damage (up to $2,000 per act) or medical expenses (up to $4,000 per act). For more information contact Human-Rights.Administration@montgomerycountymd.gov
- Montgomery County Office of Human Rights (MCOHR) provides support to victims. Call 240-777- 8450 to file a complaint of intimidation. MCOHR maintains confidentiality unless a victim grants the disclosure of information.
- Montgomery County Office of Emergency Management and Homeland Security offers Securing Houses of Worship trainings. Please contact the Office of Emergency Management and Homeland Security at email@example.com.
- For information on CRASE trainings or facility assessment assistance, please contact the MCPD Community Engagement Division at MCPD_Engaged@Montgomerycountymd.gov.
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Agency (CISA) have free services, including site security assessments.
- Montgomery County offers security grants for houses of worship and non-profits of up to $20,000, applications are excepted to open this fall.
- For more information on the Faith Community Advisory Group or for ways to provide support please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or subscribe to newsletters.
Hate and bigotry have no home here in Montgomery County, and the following faith communities and community organizations stand in solidarity with those impacted.
For more information on please email email@example.com.
Marc Elrich, County Executive
Diane Vy Nguyễn Vũ, Director, Office of Community Partnerships
- Faith Community Advisory Group Committee Against Hate and Violence Montgomery County Human Rights Commission Montgomery County Office of Human Rights Adas Israel Congregation
- Adat Shalom Reconstructionist Congregation Adventist Community Services GW Ahmadiyya Muslim Community, Bait-ur-Rehman Mosque
- Ahmadiyya Muslim Women's Association Association of Humanistic Rabbis
- B’nai Israel Congregation
- Baha’is of Rockville Baltimore-Washington Conference of The United Methodist Church
- Beth Sholom Congregation
- Bethesda Presbyterian Church
- Bethesda United Church of Christ Bethesda Jewish Congregation
- Bethesda United Methodist Church
- Black Ministers Conference of Montgomery County Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Washington Cedar Lane Unitarian Universalist Church, Bethesda Chevy Chase United Methodist Church Chevy Chase Presbyterian Church Chinmaya Mission Washington Regional Center Christ Episcopal Church, Kensington Christian Victory Center
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Community of Faith United Methodist Church Congregation B’nai Tzedek, Potomac Congregation Beth El
- Congregation Beth Israel Congregation Har Shalom
- District of Columbia Baptist Convention Episcopal Church of the Ascension in Gaithersburg Episcopal Church of the Ascension in Silver Spring Fairhaven United Methodist Church
- Faith Community Baptist Church
- Faith United Methodist Church
- First Baptist Church of Silver Spring Germantown Interfaith Group
- Grace United Methodist Church
- Guru Gobind Singh Foundation Haneefiyya America
- Harvest Intercontinental Church, Olney Healthcare Initiative Foundation
- Hill Havurah
- IMAAM Center
- IMPACT Silver Spring
- Interfaith Action for Human Rights
- The Inter-Faith Chapel at Leisure World Interfaith Council of Metropolitan Washington Interfaith Partners for the Chesapeake Interfaith Works
- Islamic Community Center of Potomac
- Islamic Center of Maryland
- Jewish Community Relations Council of Greater Washington
- Kehilat Shalom
- Kol Shalom
- Kunzang Odsal Palyul Changchub Choling
- Mill Creek Parish United Methodist Church Montgomery Countryside Alliance Montgomery County Muslim Foundation Montgomery Hills Baptist Church
- Mt. Calvary Baptist Church
- Mount Jezreel Baptist Church
- Muslim Community Center
- Neelsville Presbyterian Church
- New Bethel Baptist Church
- New Neighbors Interfaith Alliance
- Norbeck Community Church
- Oak Chapel United Methodist Church Potomac Presbyterian Church
- River Road Unitarian Universalist Congregation Rockville Presbyterian Church
- Rockville United Church
- Rockville United Methodist Church
- Saint Stephen Lutheran Church in Silver Spring Salem United Methodist Church, Brookeville Sandy Spring Monthly Meeting of the Religious Society Seneca Community Church
- Shaare Tefila Congregation
- Shaare Torah
- Silver Spring Christian Reformed Church
- Silver Spring United Methodist Church
- Sligo Seventh-day Adventist Church, Takoma Park St. Anne's Episcopal Church, Damascus
- St. Camillus Church in Silver Spring
- St. Dunstan's Episcopal Church, Bethesda
- St. Francis Episcopal Church
- St. Jane Frances de Chantal Church
- St. John’s Norwood Episcopal Church, Bethesda- Chevy Chase
- St. Luke’s Lutheran Church, Derwood
- St. Nicholas Episcopal Church
- St. Paul United Methodist Church in Kensington
- St. Rose of Lima, Gaithersburg
- Takoma Park Presbyterian Church
- Temple Beth Ami
- The Downtown Cluster of Congregations
- Tikvat Israel
- Trinity Lutheran Church
- Trinity United Methodist Church, Germantown United Church of Christ of Seneca Valley
- United Hindu and Jain Temples Association Unity of Gaithersburg
- US Zen Center
- Washington Grove United Methodist Church Washington Hebrew Congregation
- West Montgomery United Methodist Church Zoroastrian Association of Metropolitan Washington